Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 16 - Message from Mr. Frei

Greetings, gentle reader,




Brian has been doing a great job in describing our passage so far; I apologize for not being as prolific but when it's all been said so well, why say it again? I will certainly add some commentary when we are home and I have access to my own machine...which may be sooner than i would like. You see, this afternoon I experienced severe back spasms...akin, frankly, to the feeling of a broken rib. I'm feeling great pain in the boat, and we pulled off early today so that I could rest and medicate. We're in Burlington, a literal stone's throw from the finish (80 miles or so), and I will feel terrible if I cannot finish this journey. We'll sleep on the beach tonight and I hope that when the morning arrives, I'll be good to go.



In the meantime, back spasms aside, it's been a great few days. The clear waters of Champlain are a refreshing change from the yoo-hoo patina of the richelieu river and as we proceed south, the mountains around the southern Champlain valley- the green on the east and the Adirondacks to the west - rise around us. Sweet.



So, gentle reader, I go to sleep a grateful but somewhat worried man....grateful for the chance to make and share this trip with Brian and, vicariously, with you, but i'm worried that I may not hit the finish line with him. It won't be for lack of trying. We'll keep you posted.



Big ups,



Mr frei


Brian shows Al how to use the iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment